A pilgrimage is a journey to a holy place. However, one does not have to go abroad to Rome or Assisi or Fatima for this life changing experience.
Guaymas at sunset
If you are seeking an affordable opportunity to renew or deepen your relationship with God, to grow spiritually or to witness Christ at work, join us October 1-5, 2017 as we travel to the active Franciscan mission in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico. The trip is a comfortable and safe eight-hour van ride from Phoenix, AZ through the beautiful state of Sonora, Mexico where the Jesuit missionary, Father Kino, once walked. Your journey is facilitated by a 3rd Order Franciscan who has traveled this path over one-hundred times in the last 25 years, and features:
• Visiting Mission San Xavier del Bac, south of Tucson, Fr. Kino’s northern most mission known as “The White Dove of the Desert” and his final resting place, mission in Magdalena de Kino, Mexico.
• Learning the history of the Casa Franciscana Mission, a holy place that spiritually, artistically and physically impacts the community.
• Experiencing God’s love through the work of the Franciscan friars and the mission staff in Guaymas while visiting the barrios, the soup kitchen, the orphanage, the medical clinic, the home for the elderly and more.
• Enjoying the comradery of your fellow pilgrims during your stay at our safe and secured mission guest house.
• Participating in religious services. The October pilgrimage includes a special day to celebrate the transitus of St Francis.
• Reflecting on your journey from the portiuncula, a peak and chapel overlooking Guaymas.
This journey is specifically created designed to foster your personal spiritual growth, not as a service trip. The total cost is $250 but no one is turned away due to inability to pay.
If you are interested, please email George Sabol