Casa Franciscana Mission in Guaymas –
Our mission. Your service mission team will minister to the Casa Franciscana support facilities
while serving in Guaymas. Each day you will work in small teams on the facilities and then
develop your Franciscan theological understanding each afternoon and in the evenings. By
strengthening and working on the Casa Franciscana facilities, you will ensure that the friars can
continue their mission in support of the marginalized in Guaymas.
Why work on the CFO buildings? Our facilities are old and in need of significant repairs. Any
funds used to address this old infrastructure are funds unavailable to serve the poor. Your
work will help the friars to provide lasting programs for the people of Guaymas! The CFO’s
facilities support a food kitchen, a children’s after school care facility, a medical/dental clinic
and even the friars living quarters are delivered in buildings throughout Guaymas. We also must
maintain our guest house so that other service missions from across the country will continue
to assist the friars. We must maintain these buildings to continue our services!
What’s unique about this CFO mission?
– All expenses are included in your mission fees. You may want to bring some spending
money but all activities, meals and expenses are included. Your fees cover our costs, we
provide these missions to support the friars and provide the opportunity to have a full
understanding of the works being performed in Guaymas.
– You will stay in the Guaymas neighborhood where we will do all of our work and where
the activities of the Casa Franciscana mission are performed each day.
– Our team has been making service missions and pilgrimages to Guaymas for decades in
support of Casa Franciscana
– We will support up to twenty missionaries along with our two team leaders. This small
intimate group will provide for a close connection to the other missionaries, the friars,
the Casa Franciscana staff and the community.
Fees Per Person – 4-Day Trip
Adults and 16+ if accompanied by parent – $350.00, includes $100 materials fee
Transportation, lodging, meals during trip, building materials and tools for work projects.
- Put your faith to work within the challenging economics impacting the community supported by the Franciscan friars
- Develop your Franciscan perspective on service for the poor
- Build up the capacity of one of the most important institutions in the Guaymas
- Develop long lasting relationships with your service mission partners.
- Our presence communicates hope to the community the CFO supports
- Easy – Within a car ride, four-day journey, all-inclusive
- Impactful – Change the lives for those in need
- Validated – Missions to Guaymas since the 1980’s
The trip is a comfortable and safe eight-hour van ride from Phoenix, AZ through the beautiful state of Sonora, Mexico where the missionary, Jesuit Fr. Kino, once walked. We will make periodic breaks before and after the border crossing. Please bring snacks and materials for your entertainment during the drive.
The CFO will provide for standard mission volunteer insurance from the Arthur J. Gallagher & Company group for all attendees. While your attendance in the Guaymas Service Mission requires an Assumption of Risk and Liability Release to the CFO and the Saint Barbara Province, we believe that providing this insurance program will assure you and your loved one’s valuable options in the event of a medical emergency. It will be your responsibility to complete the registration process and to gain confirmation from Gallagher and Company prior to our departure. Review this link for full details.
In the interest of full-disclosure, the U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens about the risk of traveling to certain parts of Mexico due to the activities of criminal organizations in those areas. Review this link for full details.
“Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers that you do unto me.” – Mathew 25:40
“Working together, we make a difference!”